I’m happy to announce to you the requirements for the Southeast District Lyre Piece as a part of the Focus on Five Program for the Spring semester!
To earn your SED Lyre Piece, please complete at least two of the following:
- Submit content to The Eighth Note, the Southeast District Publication of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma. (DEADLINE: MARCH 10, 2017)
- Participate in the Southeast District Mascot Contest (Spike) at the 2017 Southeast District Convention, to be held March 31 – April 2, 2017 at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida.
- Donate $1 per active chapter member within your chapter to the Southeast District Rainy Day Fund. (DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2017)
For any questions, concerns, general comments, please email Isaac Ray Norris, SED VPSP, at email@example.com
Ready, Set, Spike!
This year, the SED will be hosting a Mascot Competition for the best Spike! The best Spike will be crowned at SED by the council.
All participants will be able to receive credit for the District Lyre piece for Focus on Five and the winner will have the Spike used for district logo, the district website, and throughout next year’s SHELLS.
1. Chapter be present at SED to enter competition.
2. Only one entry per chapter.
3. Spike must be decorated in appropriate decor.
Criteria for winning:
1. Be creative! The unique use of school colors, gear, spirit, and etc. (and/or) creative use of district symbols, colors, phrases, etc. will all be taken into consideration for the winning Spike.
2. Think outside the fruit! Use any materials you want, as long as they stay attached to your Spike.
3. Refrain from altering logos. That includes any Tau Beta Sigma logos.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or message me!
Registration for DLC 2017 is now OPEN! You can register via the 2017 DLC Website or pay a visit to our Facebook event page to access the registration form. Did we mention this event is FREE to attend?! You won’t want to miss out on this jam packed date of excitement! I hope to see you all there!
SED! I hope you all enjoyed a restful and celebratory holiday. I’m here to announce the members of The Eighth Note Committee! First, on the Tau Beta Sigma half of the committee, there is:
Caleb Morris, Epsilon Alpha, Chair
Jasmine Myers, Beta Xi
Hunter Burchfield, Theta Lambda
For the Kappa Kappa Psi half, there is:
Ryan Smith, Chair
Submissions in the form of articles, essays, and photos are now OPEN for this year’s The Eighth Note. You can find the dropbox below. I highly encourage you to send in your best pieces of writing and photography that pertain to Tau Beta Sigma and the SED!
Your deadline is March 10, 2017!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to message myself or Caleb Morris here on Facebook, or email me at email@example.com.
The Eighth Note Submission Dropbox
More on The Eighth Note here
Brothers and Sisters of the Southeast District,
The SED Councils are pleased to announce that the 2017 District Leadership Conference will be hosted by the Eta Phi Chapter of Tau Beta Sigma at Vanderbilt University on February 11, 2017. The Councils considered several excellent bids, and we appreciate those chapters who took the time to submit a bid to host.
Stay tuned in the coming months for updates from the Councils and hosts on what to expect from DLC! Presidents, please take a moment to forward this important message to your chapters!
The SED Council is back with ANOTHER virtual workshop for you! Please follow this link to learn about the Fall Activity Report.
Fall Activity Reports are due December 1, 2016!
In order to better assist your chapters I have created a financial status survey. This will allow myself, and the rest of the district council, to allocate financial resources in ways that will best suit the specific needs that our chapters have. The link to the survey is located in the menu bar above.
The survey is to be filled out by chapter treasurers. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!
Check out this new paperwork deadline! Your Fall Activity Report tells Nationals all the neat things you have done thus far into the school year! The deadline for this is December 1, 2016 so please make sure to submit early to your sponsors and DOB’S approval before then!
Make sure you share your stories (Homecoming events, band trip experiences, Alumni Spotlights, service projects, etc.). podium.kkytbs.org
The 2017 DLC Bid Application deadline is fast approaching! The deadline is October 30, 2016.
Click here to be taken to the application page with more information!